Colarion Partners is an investment management firm focused on long-term positions in community- and smaller regional banks. The firm seeks concentrated interests and seeks to understand and support the credit, sales and expense cultures of a depository. The firm was founded in 2016 by Sam Haskell.
What we seek:
- Strong internal credit cultures.
- Proactive calling officers.
- A defined deposit strategy, supported by technological investment.
- Efficiency over ego; a company culture driven by ownership rather than W2.
What we avoid:
- Wholesale balance sheets.
- Funding executives’ retirements via base compensation.
- Inefficient cultures – Spending with excessive or unstudied payback periods.
- Investing in bricks to gather deposits rather than technology with sales and service culture.